Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 22 Jan 2018
Call for Applications
Position Title : Project Support Officer (Project Development & Monitoring and Evaluation)
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent will be provide advice and support to Programme Manager, the Chief of Mission and Administrative units with regards to project development, reporting and mission donor expectations.
Additionally, s/he will be responsible in providing advice and support on the Monitoring and Evaluation aspects of all programmes for IOM South Sudan in line with donor’s expectations and Monitoring and Evaluation requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Contribute to the design and development of new projects/programmes in line with donor priorities and in close coordination with the relevant programmatic units and partner organizations.
Contribute to developing and maintaining strong and regular liaison with the Missions partners, such as diplomatic missions, humanitarian agencies and any other concerned working groups.
Advise units with the preparation of donor reports to ensure compliance with key programme indicators and objectives and compile information for regular IOM reports in coordination with
the database assistants and the Units involved.
Assist in the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems within the Mission, including monitoring targets and indicators using existing M&E frameworks and work plans for the programme as well as the individual partner projects.
Undertake and oversee regular field monitoring and evaluation visits with field staff to ensure technical compliance and timely execution of projects vis-à-vis approved plans and baselines.
Organize and conduct training activities in Monitoring and Evaluation to IOM programme personnel and Implementing Partners (IPs) as needed.
Prepare and conduct programme evaluations and other accountability reports as required; including analysis of the findings and giving recommendations as to what the next steps should be.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial and business administration;
• Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Emergency and Crisis – Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments. Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures. Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners. Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.01.2018 to 22.01.2018
Requisition: CFA 2018/01 (P) – Project Support Officer(Project Dev & ME)(UG)-Juba,South Sudan
Posting: Posting NC55308673 (55308673) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT