Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
Objective of the internship
Assist the Partnership Section in the preparations leading up to the Annual Consultations with NGOs and help to finalize the report after the Consultations.
- Preparation of personalized invitation letters to NGOs for visa purposes
- Registration of participants throughout UN Indico system and database
- Coordination of booking hotel for NNGOs funded
- Assist with preparation and finalization of the brochure of the Agenda
- Set-up side meetings for NGOs with UNHCR colleagues upon request
- Before the meeting, set up rooms and welcome desk at the ICCG
- Assist in preparation of social media use
- During the meeting
- Welcome NGO participants
- Distribute the speeches to interpreters if needed
- Set-up the meeting rooms with name plates for the podium and attendance sheets for participants
- Provide assistance to NGOs and UNHCR colleagues when required
- Check that sessions are running well
Other additional tasks not directly relevant to the organisation of the Consultations might be required to be provided to assist the Partnership Section (taking notes in meetings, preparing briefing kits…).
- Possess a Bachelor or a Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Development, Communications or other relevant field;
- Ability to work in English and French
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Very good knowledge of Word, Excel and social media
- Interest in refugee issues very desirable;
- Flexibility, team working skills, professional and personal integrity.
A full description of the terms of reference can be downloaded here.
How to apply:
- The internship is expected to begin on 19 February (negotiable) and will last for a period of 6 months. The role is full time (40 hours per week). Working hours are 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- UNHCR does not compensate its interns. However, we ensure our interns acquire a rich experience that will help them in their future search for work and provide the necessary evaluation and recommendation letters.
- The intern will report to the Senior External Relations Officer and will be guided by the Senior Liaison Associate and Senior Liaison Assistant.
- Applicants must be entitled to work in Switzerland. If you want to join our team, send your application, including CV and motivation letter, to email@example.com by Friday 2 February 2018 at the latest.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT