Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) was established in 1990 and mandated by name in United Nations General Assembly resolution A/RES/45/181.The WSSCC Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and aims to accelerate the achievement of sustainable sanitation, hygiene and water services for all people, with special attention to the unserved poor, by enhancing collaboration and coordination of all sector stakeholders. The WSSCC Secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland. More information on WSSCC can be found on the website at www.wsscc.org.
Reporting to the Head, Global Policy and Innovation, the Policy Dialogue Advisor engages in authoritative dialogues with relevant global partners in the United Nations system and beyond, on strategic issues of common interests including women and girls’ empowerment, climate change mitigation, health and sanitation, and urbanisation, with a view to advancing the Council’s role in positively influencing their impact on sustainable development goals relevant to sanitation and hygiene. Working directly with country programme teams and technical units, the Policy Dialogue Advisor distills from the global dialogue the relevant approaches for WSSCC and, simultaneously, projects the national and local experience of the Council’s work into the global discussion.
- Leads global and regional knowledge sharing initiatives on WSSCC policies that can improve approaches to sanitation and hygiene by international agencies and sector ministries as a means to achieve positive outcomes for sustainable development goal 6 and demonstrates the utility of partnering with the council on these subjects.
- Acts as a conduit between global and national policy dialogues through participation in informing both of trends and issues emerging at national levels and lessons learnt globally, adding value by bringing the language and insights of each constituency to the other.
- Develops policy papers, products, presentations tailored to different audiences, workshops, conferences that showcase the unique perspective of WSSCC.
- In cooperation with the office of the Executive Director, engages with the Council’s membership and wherever possible enroll their participation in advancing the Council’s policy dialogue efforts worldwide.
- Working with Global Policy Team and programme managers continuously assesses relevance and performance of policy initiatives seeking new opportunities to innovate and make more relevant the policies of WSSCC.
- In close collaboration with the sub regional units, and National Counterparts gathers relevant updates, data and results on specific country experiences that feed into the regional and global policy dialogues.
- In cooperation with the Communication cluster, designs and implements sensitization campaigns at the global and regional level; participates in such campaigns at the national level when appropriate as part of WSSCC country cooperation agreements.
- Develops peer network of work planning experts across similar organizations testing and recommending to management new modalities for the Council.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Master’s degree in public health, sanitation, development studies, or relevant fields is required.
Minimum seven years of relevant professional experience in health, or WASH, advocacy, or policy development management areas is required.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Fluency in French would be an asset.
How to apply:
Click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT