Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 30 Jan 2018
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Syria, the direct supervision of the Deputy FAO Representative and in coordination with the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) and FAO resilience officer in Aleppo, the agronomist will be responsible to support the overall implementation of the project OSRO/SYR/704/CHA in Aleppo Governorate, districts, sub districts and villages.
The Agronomist will collaborate with the Resilience Officer based in Aleppo to ensure proper coordination with technical staff of the Directorate of Agriculture and Agrarian Reform in Aleppo, the Implementing Partners of the concerned project and other relevant line directorates, services and local authorities;
In particular, the incumbent will:
· Closely collaborate with the Resilience Officer in Aleppo develop work plan and ensure timely implementation of project;
· Support the monitoring of the distribution of inputs to the beneficiaries and to verify compliance with Accountability to the Affected Populations Principles;
· Conduct regular visits to the project implementation sites;
· Support the Resilience Officer in Aleppo to implement an appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanism of field activities for the smooth implementation of the project activities including evaluation of the impact of the project intervention and follow up on the performance of the project;
· Support the partners to integrate gender dimension in the concerned project.
· Closely liaise with the Resilience Officer in Aleppo and the partners in reporting and documenting evidence-based impact of this project;
· Perform any other duties as may be required;
Key performance indicators
· Build effective relationship with government counterparts, partners and beneficiaries.
· Achievement of all the planned results as described in the project workplan
· Timely provide needed inputs for the reporting of the project implementation
University degree in Agriculture Sciences or related field of study at University degree level.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
· At least 5 years of agriculture production;
· Working level of spoken and written English and Arabic;
· Good skills in computer and report writing.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT