Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 21 Jan 2018
From 7 January 2018 TO 21 January 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Fixed Term contract.
Duration: One year.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate with CO Logistics CBT Focal Points all supply chain operational issues for CBT and ensure smooth implementation;
- Coordinate with Supply Chain CBT Focal Point on issues related to retailers such as retail supply chain assessment, retailer selection, retailer monitoring; retailer evaluation; invoices, and reconciliation;
- For paper vouchers and SCOPE, working on daily basis with the retailers, perform the reconciliation of commodities and prices, once the scanned copy of the invoice is received from Retailers ,it must be double checked and submited to CO Logistics Officer (CBT) for further review;
- Responsible for receiving the original retailer invoices and submitting to the CO Finance CBT Focal Point;
- Responsible for receiving the redeemed paper vouchers and redeemed SCOPE Cards, archiving them, and destroying them in accordance CBT manuals and policies and relevant SOPs in coordination with the Logisitics CBT CO Unit;
- Prepare payments on daily basis, create SES and ensure release, in coordination with the HoSO and Logistics Officer (CBT);
- Regularly update and keep track of contracts and contract extension of the retailers in excel file within the AoR, and inform Programme and Procurement before the contract period ends to ensure continuation of operation;
- Build internal capacity on retailer selection and management.
- Assist with macro market assessments when and if required
- Support in Conducting micro retail supply chain assessment in coordination with the CO CBT Logitics Unit upon the Request of the HoSO or the Head of Program in Homs .
- Follow up and determine with procurement and programme the need for standby contracts;
- Ensure that staff are familiar with the latest logistics responsibilities for cash and voucher intervention as per the approved business model and RACI;
- Establish requirement for retailers/shops selection, and assist procurement with the details of the agreement/ contracts with retailers;
- Assist with operational contingency planning and logistics preparedness reviews, to ensure a coordinated response, and to ensure that supply chain related risks and requirements are taken into consideration;
- Safeguard the internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained
- Ensure adequate tracking and reporting of cash and voucher movements; Certify service provider and retailer invoices against the appropriate supporting documentation.
- Provide CBT updates, data and reports upon request
- Supervise relavant Logistics CBT staff, as per the approved country organisational structure
- Perform other duties, as required by the HoSO.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least 5 years of responsible support experience in one or more of the following:
Experience in maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing cash-based-transfer, supply chain assessments, logistics operations, CBT Program Implementation.
Experience in Market assessment.
Experience in compiling contract documentation.
Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Experience in CBT Projects Implementation.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your CV in Engllish
- Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT