Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 21 Jan 2018
The incumbent falls under the overall supervision of Head of M&E and the direct supervision of NOB M&E.
• Project Monitoring Plan (PMP): Prepare the PMP and sampling for PRRO Logframe in alignment to
the Integrated Road Map (IRM), new Corporate Results Framework in compliance with WFP’s Minimum
Monitoring Requirements (MMRs), incorporating gender and protection perspectives in all areas of work.
Communicate and train field offices on appropriate sampling methodology and implementation.
Responsible for consistent outcome and output monitoring data collection, with monthly review with field offices for tracking of sampling progress of all programmes. Follow up with sub-offices to submit timely updates of M&E activities.
• Monitoring Tools: Outcome, cross cutting and process data collection. Review and design monitoring tools to align Monitoring checklists to the IRM and new Corporate Results Framework and Logframe in consultation with activity managers, and train WFP field monitors and third party facilitators on data
collection methods, including remote and mobile data collection. Assist in the design and adjustments of monitoring surveys.
• Process monitoring: Analyse process monitoring section in the monthly narrative monitoring report from field offices, and elevate main issues to management on a monthly basis. Responsible for issues tracking matrix in the Syria Monitoring Database.
M&E Network and Field Coordination: Capacity building for WFP field monitors in the sub offices and Third party monitoring facilitators in country and in cross border locations. Conduct Field visits to all Field Offices maintaining the direct dialogue with beneficiaries and technical support and enhanced communication with field based M&E staff. Prepare and submit Field visit report including and programmatic recommendations and gender observations.
• Inter-Agency Coordination: 4Ws Planned and Actual Distribution and Activity Outputs. Process and validate data and disseminate to Food Security and Livelihoods sector.
• Assist with rollout of tablets for M&E and with the transition to the MDCA database
• M&E Information management:
◦ Prepare periodic reports, statistical information and tables
• Conduct field visits on a regular basis with Field Monitors
• Assist the Programme Officer in organizing project missions, meetings and briefing sessions
• Perform other related duties as required
Critical Success Factors
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent written and oral communication in Arabic and English required
• Ability to maintain accurate and precise records, well organized
• Able to interpret and analyse a variety of data and resolve discrepancies
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national, cultural and religious backgrounds
• Strong computer skills particularly in Excel and PowerPoint; Access and SPSS statistical software experience is beneficial
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages
Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience related to monitoring, research or
programme management .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Please upload your CV in English
• Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
• Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
How to Apply
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT