Organization: Overseas Development Institute
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 28 Jan 2018
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Finance Administrator – Finance
Salary: £22,151 – £28,014 per annum
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI** (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
ODI is currently looking for a proactive Finance Administrator to support the Finance department. The successful candidate will be performing duties across both the Finance function, under the supervision of the Commercial Development Lead.
The post holder will ensure timeliness and accuracy of any financial adjustments that need to be reflected in the financial systems of ODI. They will also provide excellent customer service to all ODI stakeholders but particularly ODI employees, suppliers and customers as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic individuals who are looking for their first major steps in Finance.
You will have:
- Educated to “A-Level” standard
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of maintaining financial data bases
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Experience of accounting software (preferably Sage 1000)
- High level of numeracy
- Good Excel skills
- Experience of Sage (ideally Sage Line 1000)
- Good customer service ethos and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with a wide range of people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to cover for colleagues
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate peak times in the financial year e.g. end of financial year
Closing date: 28 January 2018
How to apply:
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 3327 7290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI