Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 17 Jan 2018
The International Organization for Migration IOM Office to the United Nations in New York is seeking for a highly-motivated Administrative Assistant.
Working under the overall supervision of the Director of the Office to the United Nations, the Administrative Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
*Functions / Responsibilities:*****· Maintains contacts with the UN systems, with Member States and with other relevant stakeholders.
- · Support the Office on the coordination of arrangements for seminars, conferences, events and meetings;
- · Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic);
- · Drafts routine correspondence, monitors and oversees the flow of documents and communications from the IOM Office to the UN;
- · Prepares and dispatches mailings of IOM documents for the Office, for which up to date electronic and physical mailing lists will be maintained;
- · Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff and coordinate with the Executive Assistant the approval of Travel Authorizations (TA) and Travel Expenses Claims (TEC).
- · Coordinates and liaises frequently with team members;
- · Answers the phone for the team members, and handles independently routine inquiries from other IOM offices, international and non-governmental organizations and diplomatic missions, directing non-routine inquiries to other staff members as appropriate;
- · Schedules meetings and appointments for the Office, including, as necessary, for official visitors; also remind the staff members daily of events, appointments, etc.;
- · Ensures with IT proper maintenance of office equipment;
- · Providing on need bases only backup support in operating the office reception desk in terms of receiving calls and facilitating access to the building through the security system.
- · Support the Office with general administrative duties, as necessary.
- · Support the Director office in absence of the Executive Assistant.
- · Support the office with the basic Human Resources and Finance/budget processes.
- Performs other related general administrative duties, as required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in United States will be considered.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com , by 17 January 2018 referring to this advertisement.
Internal Candidates should submit a letter of interest and complete the Internal Application Form.
External candidates should submit up-to-date curriculum vitae or a completed IOM Personal History Form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT