Closing date: 25 Feb 2018
This post is located in the Communications Group, UNOPS Headquarters in Copenhagen.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Communications and under the direct guidance and supervision of the Senior Transparency and Communications Officer, the Transparency Project Officer will support UNOPS continued innovation in transparency. The incumbent will be involved with the deployment of new output-based data to the external data.unops.org site and take the lead role on the daily quality assurance and maintenance of project level information and metadata. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the Transparency and Communications Officer in a research and policy development capacity to monitor emerging standards in transparency close to UNOPS core areas of expertise. The Transparency Project Officer also works closely with the Senior Transparency and Communications Officer to ensure the smooth delivery of UNOPS services to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) Secretariat, specifically the arrangements for the Annual Members Assembly and Technical Advisory Group meetings.
This Communications-led effort is required for the continued operation of data.unops.org and UNOPS IATI activity data publications to the IATI Registry.
The specific responsibilities of the Transparency Project Officer include:
- Playing a core role in collaborating with reporting and transparency resources to upgrade elements of UNOPS data platform in the area of outputs in addition to working with this data for UNOPS IATI activity files
- Ensuring the continued upkeep and substantive oversight of information on the UNOPS open data hub, data.unops.org, under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Transparency and Communications Officer including:
-quality assurance of project level information
-DAC CRS sector mapping, geocoding, document publication
-training and supervising other personnel in the above activities
- Utilizing in-depth knowledge of UNOPS activities and portfolio through the central role in project information systems to provide support for identification and drafting of stories and the generation of business development products and materials.
- Developing guidance material that supports the embedding of skills and knowledge regarding transparency more firmly in the organization, providing occasional training and supporting the production of internal and external outreach products regarding transparency initiatives at UNOPS.
- Supporting the IATI hosting consortium by providing administrative and substantive support and working to ensure the smooth delivery of UNOPS hosting responsibilities by working closely with external partners in the IATI Secretariat and on occasions IATI members This includes:
-Active participation in weekly Secretariat conference calls as well as face-to-face Secretariat planning meetings;
-Event organization of the annual Technical Advisory Group (TAG) Meeting and the annual Members’ Assembly Meeting including all steps of event management from scoping, identification of funding, communication, implementation and post-processing;
-substantive support to the IATI Project Manager and the Water and Energy Cluster Portfolio Manager in the areas of finance (support the development and drafting of work plans and budgets) and resource mobilization (implementation of fundraising strategy, proposal writing);
-Support as required for IATl’s external communication;
-Ad-hoc operational and procurement support to the Secretariat on various activities
- Supporting the continued outreach to, involvement with and analysis of the transparency community including IATI, the donor community, UN family organizations and other aid and development cooperation transparency initiatives involving active engagement with technical and/or policy-related workshops, conferences and other fora.
- Performing other duties as required by the Senior Transparency and Communications Officer.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) is required.
- A first level University degree with a combination of 2 additional year s of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years (4 years if combined with a Bachelors degree) of experience within the fields of marketing and communication is required.
- Experience of working within the international development sector and transparency matters in particular are a significant asset.
- Prior experience of event coordination and logistics are desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset .
How to apply:
Click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT