Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 04 Mar 2018
Functional Title: Assistant CBI Officer (Targeting)
Vacancy Number: HCR/VAC/18/07
Duty Station: Cairo, Egypt
Category and Grade: National – UNOPS LICA8 until 31 December 2018
Date of Issue: 18 February 2018
Closing Date: 04 March 2018
CONTEXT AND DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The position is directly supervised by the Cash Based Interventions Officer who provides the incumbent with general guidance and work plans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position may directly supervise some support staff.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
THE INCUMBENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING ASSIGNED DUTIES:
- UNHCR is able to leverage available data to make efficiency and cost-effectiveness gains in their responses.
- UNHCR is better able to measure performance and impact, including across operations.
- UNHCR is able to fulfil it leadership role in refugee response coordination.
- Support in reviewing and developing approaches for protection and socio-economic analysis (PMT), and also for other vulnerabilities/profiles.
- Support in the coordination of data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Support in the development and determination of periodization of cash based assistance based on available data, including triangulation of different sources of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Contribute to the development of more efficient workflows within UNHCR for business intelligence and data analysis.
- Contribute to identifying new data analysis approaches to support efficient and cost-effective refugee protection, assistance and service delivery.
- Keep abreast of developments related to use of statistical analysis and humanitarian/refugee responses.
- Contribute to collaborative research projects (e.g. with partner organizations such as UNICEF or WFP / with third parties such as universities).
- Support the capacity building staff, partners and where possible national authorities on vulnerability analysis.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Contribute to developing an efficient and effective grievance redress mechanisms.
- Coordinate closely with internal stakeholders
- Perform any other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls:
- Represent UNHCR at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop improvements to the database and related workflows.
Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Cross-Functional & Managerial Competencies
Innovation and Creativity
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
- University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Econometrics or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in applied statistics, including but not limited to multivariate regression analysis, statistical testing and modelling.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of R language for statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of exploratory data analysis and data visualization techniques.
- Experience in research design or in the formulation of data analysis plans.
- Knowledge of spatial analysis.
- Master’s degree in statistics or a related field.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities
- Experience with social safety nets and social protection
How to apply:
-Interested candidates are to complete, sign and submit the new Personal History Form (Nov 2017 version) which includes a Letter of Interest for the specific position prior to the closing date of the vacancy notice through UNHCR Egypt’s recruitment portal: http://hr.unhcregypt.org/
-This position will be subject to a written test. Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must be Egyptian citizens or hold a valid local work permit at the time of application.
- No relocation fees apply.
- UNHCR follows a strict non-smoking environment policy.
The new Personal History Form is available in the recruitment portal including a supplementary sheet. The personal history form will need to be duly completed with up to date information and signed. Applications missing any of the above elements, will unfortunately not be considered.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT