Organization: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
Closing date: 02 Mar 2018
Main purpose of the position
Reporting to the of Director of Finance, the Treasury and Asset Manager is a “business focused” individual who will have overall responsibility to oversee the management of cash funds, foreign exchange exposures and financial assets, including liquidity management to meet all current liabilities, identifying and managing financial risk, creating and implementing appropriate treasury policies, complying with relevant local and international compliance (e.g. sanctions management, international terrorism financing) and reporting standards (e.g. IFRS), and assisting in the development of a long term financial strategy for ICARDA.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
The incumbent will have the following specific responsibilities:
· Manage the day-to-day liquidity of the Center and ensure it is maintained at appropriate levels and in appropriate currencies;
· Provide tools, financial models and advice to optimize the use of corporate cash within approved policies that emphasize preservation of capital in a cost effective way;
· Assist in the development of financial strategies and business scenario planning including the development of applicable financial business models;
· Manage bank account relationships and other relevant external relationships such as with creditors/suppliers, donors, sub-recipients and Country Offices;
· Maintain and monitor bank account signatory panels;
· Ensure that appropriate treasury management is implemented in all ICARDA locations;
· Manage ICARDA’s liquid assets including investments to ensure that they comply with approved Treasury Policies and Guidelines;
· Regularly forecast and manage cash inflow (including invoicing and collection) and outflow of the Center through preparation of weekly cash position reports and monthly reports on ICARDA fund balances;
· Liaise with internal and external auditors on treasury and fixed assets management issues; and,
· Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing and reporting, with direct responsibility for the monitoring of receipts and disbursements of funds;
Fixed Assets Management
· Review, improve and develop where necessary policies and procedures for the management of ICARDA fixed assets including, where appropriate, those held by third parties;
· Manage and maintain all fixed asset registers and ensure that regular verification occurs in all ICARDA locations operating units and third-party held assets;
· Manage asset insurance policies and ensure appropriate insurance coverage is maintained that manages any risk exposures;
· Assist in the development of a capital expenditure plan consistent with ICARDA’s Strategic Plan; and,
· Ensure compliance with relevant donor rules and regulations relating to asset acquisitions and disposals.
Full Cost Recovery Program
· Develop appropriate organizational standards for cost-services, chargeback mechanisms and chargeback recoveries that are consistent with CGIAR Cost Principles and Indirect Cost Recovery Guidelines (FG 5) and relevant donor cost accounting standards; and,
· Assist in the review and update of ICARDA’s Full Costs Recovery Guidelines.
· Assist in the orderly transition to IFRS;
· Respond to queries and requests for information in a timely and professional manner;
· Works closely with other functions within the Finance Department;
· Carry-out other duties assigned by the Director of Finance.
Education, qualifications and experience
• A Masters’ degree in the areas of banking, finance, business management/administration, international business/finance, or accountancy. A bachelor degree is accepted if combined with additional years of experience or other relevant qualifications or training
• A professional certification such as CPA/CA is highly desirable or other equivalent certification (e.g. Certificate in International Cash Management, Certified Cash Manager, Certificate in Finance and Treasury Management) preferred.
• At least five years’ experience in corporate treasury, risk management, balance sheet management, financial analysis and financial/business scenario planning with relevant;
• Membership with professional bodies such as the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) or Institute of Bankers would be an advantage;
• Knowledgeable of IFRS requirements;
• Working knowledge and understanding of international compliance rules (e.g. anti-money laundering, FATCA, sanctions and international terrorism financing);
• Solid understanding and experience in the use of relevant ERP and IT systems that use automatic payment process;
• The individual must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds and cultures;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ability to negotiate and explain complex financial issues in a manner that is easy to understand; and,
• Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset.
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
The initial contract will be for 3 years, of which the first year will be probationary period. Subsequent employment is determined based on the performance, the availability of funds and continued need for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by 02 March 2018.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI