St. Maries Lumber Mill is looking for an experienced Engineering Intern for the summer of 2018. The purpose of this internship is to supplement your education by providing a broader understanding of your potential career path.
The intern will be required to work with the Maintenance Manager, Lumber Superintendent, and Company Personnel. The focus of this internship will be to work on a merchandising bucking system for log quality, trim loss and trim error. This equipment is based in the Sawmill Merchandising area and will be where most time is spent.
Interns are matched with a mentor to assist in their training and development. The mentor will guide the intern as they develop an intimate understanding of the mill’s equipment and processes to complete a project that promotes cost savings, efficiencies, quality and most importantly Safety.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in a field related to the internship assignment
- Must have completed at least two years of college.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent multitasking, planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and safety conscious.
- Must be able to work any shift/day of the week.
- Certain internship assignments may require the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
Read more here:: GFIS