Put in place suppliers network and manage log procurement and export from South Carolina and Georgia, control grading and scaling of logs, manage log inventory, fumigation and container loadings. In addition, the company also plans to purchase forestry cutting rights from plantation owners for export and domestic sales. Additionally, the company also plans to expand its portfolio by adding other Softwood Logs & Lumber as well as Hardwood mainly for Export to Asian markets. The company believes in investing in the Supply chain to be globally competitive in its chosen line of business.
- Must have 4-5 years’ experience in SYP wood procurement from direct bidding, dealers and loggers.
- Candidate must have contacts with tract owners, loggers, logging crews and industry partners.
- 2-3 years’ experience in loading logs in containers for exports.
- Candidate must be familiar with Log Grades and sizes for export market.
- Adequate knowledge timber cruising, property line identification and local transportation.
- Ability to communicate well and familiarity with computer (MS Word, Excel) to prepare reports on Costing, Inventory, Inflow and Outflow of logs etc.
- A professional qualification in Forestry Marketing is preferred but not essential
- Self-motivated, positive work ethic
- Self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal guidance
- Willing to learn and adapt skills to suit the requirements.
Read more here:: GFIS