The Silviculture Program Forester will be involved with all aspects of the reforestation program based in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Planning and implementation of silviculture projects (planting, herbicide application, mechanical site preparation, pre-commercial thinning, forest fertilization, etc.)
- Harvest unit layout (clear cut and thinning)
- Provide support to entire staff to ensure success of program goals and related activities
- Development of project budgets
- Produce critical documentation as required by the Oregon Forest Practices Act
- Fire prevention and suppression as needed
- General work hours – Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM, occasional weekend work for projects and firefighting duty as necessary.
- Bachelors of Science degree in forest management or related field at time of hire
- Ability to work as a critical member of a highly functioning team of forest managers
- Ability to gain an Oregon Pesticide Applicator license upon hiring
- Ability to work with Windows based software packages in basic manner (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook email and calendar)
- Physical ability to work in all types of weather conditions on rough terrain in a forest setting
- Ability to hold a valid Oregon driver’s license and pass a mandatory drug use screening process
- A positive attitude and working relationship with team
Compensation: Salary position; compensation commensurate with experience and skills. Seneca offers a highly competitive wage and benefits package including health and wellness insurance program with a variety of coverage.
To Apply: Visit our website at www.senecasawmill.com/careers. Please attach to the online application a resume and cover letter stating your qualifications and interest for the position. Seneca is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, February 28th 2018 5:00 PM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.
Seneca is a family-owned forest products company located in Eugene, Oregon. Started in 1954 with an annual production of 18 million board feet, Seneca has evolved into one of the most technologically advanced forest products companies in the world with an annual production of over 500 million board feet. In 1992, Seneca Jones Timber Company was created to oversee the management of an expanding timberland base. Today Seneca manages over 168,000 acres of timberland from its Eugene and Roseburg offices.
Read more here:: GFIS