Organization: MENTOR Initiative
Closing date: 04 Mar 2018
The Logistics Coordinator will support the MENTOR Initiative Programme Director (PD) in Iraq and Syria in achieving programme objectives in a timely manner and in response to identified needs on the ground. The consultant will be entrusted with the critical task of providing general Logistical Support in a complicated, challenging and insecure context.
The main responsibilities of this post include the following:
· Ensure that MENTOR, and grant specific, procurement procedures are applied and respected at all levels.
· Directly responsible for the procurement of equipment for the programme start-up (including comms equipment, VBD control equipment, vehicles).
· Directly responsible for all local procurement of programme commodities, supplies and operational support items.
· Work with the HQ Operations Support Officer, at organisational level, on international procurement.
· Ensure that MENTOR standard procedures are in place for stock management at all levels (stock cards, waybills, stock requests, inventories)
· Coordinate and ensure the purchase, maintenance and repair of all IT equipment. This includes installing antivirus and other software as well as availability of required equipment for regular backups of all computers.
· Responsible for the setup of a complete, transparent and detailed list of assets. Ensure all The MENTOR Initiative Emergency Programme assets are recorded and monitored / maintained.
· Coordinate the logistical filing system to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and logs documentation e.g. way bills.
Office / accommodation set-up / up-keep
· Procurement, installation and maintenance of assets and equipment (generator, internet, water supply, computers, communications equipment etc.) for the MENTOR programme.
· In close collaboration with CD, ensure security precautions are adequate as per procedures and context requirements.
· Sourcing and management of MENTOR facilities (offices, warehouses etc.)
· Supervise and facilitate transport of MENTOR goods in Iraq and Syria. This is including negotiating with transport companies, customs, Kurdish and Iraqi authorities.
· Coordinate and ensure the maintenance and repair of all vehicles.
· Organise for purchase / rental of additional vehicles as required.
· Ensure the proper usage of vehicle log books, fuel consumption, daily / weekly routine checks.
· Keep current documentation, maintenance and insurance of all vehicles used by the MENTOR Initiative.
· Ensure that needs for communication equipment (HF, VHF, Vsat) are clearly identified and procured / installed as appropriate.
· Responsible for the proper usage and maintenance of all communication means.
2. HUMAN RESOURCES
· In collaboration with other team members, organise for the recruitment of assistant logisticians, drivers, guards, cooks and cleaners as required and following MENTOR standard recruitment procedures.
· Direct management of field logisticians, assistant logisticians, drivers, guards, cooks and cleaners.
· Participate in regular general team meetings as well as operational support meetings
· Provide input to MENTOR weekly reports (sitreps).
· Assist the CD with field related information for external reports and/or donor proposals.
· Participate in external meetings related to general context in the areas of intervention.
· Active support of Finance Coordinator and finance and administration in general.
· Includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post in another MENTOR Initiative country programme within the period of this contract agreement.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the CD and agreed with the HQ based Programme / Grants Manager.
At least 4 years field experience working with INGOs of which minimum two years would be as a logistician.
Solid experience with operations in insecure and volatile environments
Experience in managing teams in the field in insecure environments
Proven capacity to train others
Flexible and willing to learn
Excellent team worker and communications skills
Practical, hands on approach
Fluent in English (written and oral)
Familiarity with NGO working environments and standard procedures.
Ability to speak Arabic and/or Kurdish is preferred but not required
How to apply:
CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI