FULL-TIME JUNIOR ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Contract Position, to start)
Oakridge Environmental Ltd. (ORE) has an immediate opening for a junior level Environmental Technician.
Reporting to our Project Manager, the successful applicant will participate in a wide variety of environmental geology and ecology projects, including Environmental Impact Studies, Site Servicing Studies, Natural Heritage Evaluations, and Groundwater Monitoring assignments. The ideal candidate will be organized and have knowledge about current environmental legislation, planning policies, regulations and guidelines, and will be able to work independently. The position will involve a mixture of field work and office duties, including report preparation. Strong writing skills and attention to details are essential.
To access project sites (which can be anywhere in Ontario), you will need to have a reliable vehicle, a clean driving record and not be afraid of getting dirty or wet. The successful applicant will also need to meet the eligibility criteria for the Eco Canada Internship Program.
Below contains a list of attributes that the ideal candidate would possess:
– familiar with terrestrial and aquatic species common to Ontario
– familiar with the Ecological Land Classification system
– knowledge of the Ontario Water Resources Act, Species at Risk Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Growth Plan and Official Plans
– knowledge of conducting groundwater monitoring and compliance assessments
– physically fit and have the ability to lift over 50 lbs
– enjoys working outdoors
– able to work in harsh conditions (e.g., rain, snow, mud, insects)
– possesses strong report writing skills
– ability to build and maintain Geographic Information System databases
– varied experience with software applications (e.g., ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Adobe products, Corel products, etc.)
– able to perform clerical duties
– able to work independent with minimal supervision (i.e., a self-starter)
– organized with an attention to detail
The position is an excellent opportunity to become part of a small, dynamic team of professionals and to be exposed to a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Read more here:: GFIS