This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in the beautiful Kamloops, B.C. area and requires a Maintenance Supervisor, with strong leadership and mechanical skills, experienced in a unionized manufacturing environment. As the ideal candidate, you are interested in making a difference both within the operation and the career development of your employees. Relocation assistance is being offered.
How can you stand out? If You….
- Are a Journeyman Millwright with proven leadership experience, preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment (Mechanical Engineers experienced leading maintenance teams, may also be considered)
- Are interested and able to work the weekend rotation (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Are eager to join a team where you can truly use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help build a well-rounded maintenance team by recognizing the strengths, weaknesses and ambitions of your team members and applying your coaching skills accordingly
- Are interested in living in a beautiful community offering a year round active lifestyle with events and activities for all ages…This role might be for you!
As an integral part of the maintenance team, you thrive in a high volume environment. You are passionate about leading a successful team with a focus on safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Your proven track record related to coaching, planning, goal setting and management of KPIs has contributed to your career success, thus far.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have 3 to 5 years’ of mechanical maintenance management experience within an industrial manufacturing environment (forestry would be ideal)
- MUST be a Journeyman Millwright (Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience may be considered)
- Have experience leading and coaching a team of up to 10 people
- Have strong labour relations and people skills
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are self-motivated with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Are comfortable working with computers e.g. experience with JDE or similar CMMS program is important
Our client is a well known and well respected employer who manufactures lumber, panel products, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products in its operations across Western Canada. As an industry leader in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.
Read more here:: GFIS