Organization: The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies
Closing date: 02 Mar 2018
Open to:Myanmar Nationals or Internationals with residence and valid work permit in Myanmar (mandatory)**
FIIAPP F.S.P. is a foundation of the State public sector whose activities, characterised by the absence of profit and the pursuit of the general interest, is framed in the field of international cooperation aimed at the institutional modernisation, for the reform of Public Administrations and the attainment of democratic governance. According to its mission, the Foundation has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Support to the reform of the Myanmar police force” (MYPOL) project funded by the European Union. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a more preventive, balanced and professional approach of law enforcement agencies, based on international best practices and respect for human rights.
2. OBJECT: The MYPOL team is seeking a Senior Project Officer for its Yangon office who provides project management and administrative support to the Project Management Unit, assisting the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader and enabling them to deliver operational project work. The post holder will work closely with the Deputy Team Leader based in Yangon and will contribute to project management, administration and human resources management. He/she will also contribute to the effective coordination between the two project offices in Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw and liaison tasks with external stakeholders.
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE DEVELOPED.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader, the Senior Project Officer will develop the following tasks:
4 Project management and delivery support
- Assist in preparing annual project work plans and related sub-plans (procurement/ HR plan);
- Assist in monitoring of progress against approved work plans for each project component, ensuring timely and good-quality implementation of activities and problem-solving in relation to operational delivery;
- Mobilize personnel, materials and services for activities implemented under the FIIAPP budget and supervise the successful implementation of activities;
- In cooperation with the Deputy Team Leader, manage requests for the provision of resources by FIIAPP for the delivery of activities under the contractors’ responsibility;
- Support the monitoring of progress and risks, ensuring that changes are controlled and problems addressed;
- Assist in organizing regular coordination meetings and support regular progress reporting, including preparing of technical briefs/status updates and progress reports;
- Support the creation and maintenance of liaison activities and networking with government bodies, public institutions, National and International NGOs and donor agencies;
- Support regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices;
- Ensure gender mainstreaming and gender sensitive response in programming and activities.
4 Administration support
- Assist in the administrative and financial management of the project while ensuring compliance of EU/FIIAPP policies, criteria and established procedures;
- Support the maintenance of all archive records, updating the activity information system and ensuring that reports are accurate and provided as scheduled;
- Manage the project data and information storage system (MYPOL Cloud), guaranteeing that documents are easily shared and accessed;
- Identify and implement processes and tools that improve administrative and operational procedures for efficient project management and implementation.
4 Human Resources Management support
- Support management of project staff, planning and distribution of tasks;
- Support supervision and performance development reviews of local project staff;
- Provide guidance and capacity building to local support staff in identified areas (such as project management cycle; preparation of reports and presentations, etc.);
4 Other tasks
· Perform other related duties as required;
University degree in Law, Governance, Social or Political Science, International relations, Gender studies or related issues;
At least 9 years of experience in large international non-governmental organisations or international cooperation agencies;
At least 6 years of relevant working experience in project/programme management or managing staff and operational systems, and/or establishing relationships among international organization and public institutions/government bodies;
Good reporting and writing skills;
Fluency in both oral and written English (Level C1);
For Internationals residence and valid work permit in Myanmar is mandatory
Advanced Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
Additional years of relevant professional experience in above mentioned areas, acquired in a similar position.
Experience related to Results-Based Management for European Union or other large donor-funded projects, including support to design, planning and implementation of complex programmes with diverse range of partners, managing data and reporting;
Specific studies or training in gender issues or at least 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the field of gender related projects and/or gender mainstreaming on programme or institutional level;
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
5. DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
The contract will have a time of duration from March 2018 until the end of the project implementation (November 2021), reserving the right of possible extensions.
How to apply:
We request an electronic CV to be e-mailed to the attention of both addresses below indicating on the title in the subject “Senior Project Officer Yangon”:
Azucena Martínez Asenjo, Deputy Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Naletilic, Project Manager: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 2nd of March, 2018 at 18.00h (Madrid time)
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV