Operations Forester – Term Position
- Provide leadership in the areas of safety and environmental stewardship to Weyerhaeuser contractors
- Ensure compliance with all operating ground rules and environmental standards, including SFI certification
- Understand and meet customer requirements, including those of our sawmill, government, and local community
- Provide support (flow to work) to other Timberlands teams and team members
- Lead improvement projects in the areas of safety, environment, operational efficiency, and costs
- Ability to learn and work with the latest technology in support of business objectives
- Current or eligibility for registration as a Registered Professional Forester or Professional Forest Technologist
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and develop effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member
Grande Prairie’s location provides an opportunity to work for a major forest products company while still enjoying all the amenities of a larger center. Grande Prairie is a vibrant city of approximately 65,000 people and has a wealth of nearby recreational opportunities, including one of the newest and largest fitness and recreation complexes in northern Alberta.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Read more here:: GFIS