During facility construction this position, while an operational role, will be part of the project and engineering team during the construction phase of the project.
After completion of facility construction, the Operations Manager will be accountable for the operations and maintenance of the facility reporting to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
During facility construction and startup
- Work with plant manager & other technical resources to validate veneer suppliers
- Create and Integrate product and process compliance into SOPs
- Work with HR & department leaders to identify and select operations & maintenance employees
- Develop the processes and procedures necessary for the startup of the facility. This includes but not limited to: operating supplies, off take of residuals, contracts, secondary sourcing of various operational supplies/materials, etc.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting shift/team supervisors, area supervisors and setting expectations for the management staff.
- Develop and implement clear work standards, practices and expectations for all employees consistent with the Roseburg core culture norms.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels for all aspects of production, finishing, shipping and maintenance areas and shifts.
- Work with equipment vendors/OEM’s and ensure proper training of all new employees on specific technical requirements.
- Develop and set high safety and quality expectations for all plant employees.
- Integrate the production and maintenance employees into the construction and startup team.
- Lead the commissioning and startup of operations activities.
- Create and maintain check lists and punch lists. Ensure clear communications between the plant team and construction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lead the production and maintenance team in a 24/7 operating environment
- Set high expectations for plant management staff and hold them accountable.
- Ensure safety is the #1 priority of all employees, visitors and contractors.
- Develop a high performing work culture of a “one-team” concept between operations and maintenance. Cross-team support and “we are all one-team”
- Develop machine and area ownership by operations and maintenance
- Appropriate integrate the key components of lean manufacturing into everyday life at the plant site (cleanliness of restrooms, lunch rooms, work centers, work processes, etc.)
- Work closely with the technical manager to ensure quality, yield, value, cost and productivity performance of the products produced
- Ensure the standardization of process control and quality control platforms and performance metrics across the location
- Coordinate the implementation of process optimization across the location
- Must be a very capable leader with the ability to influence the organization from the plant floor to the top floor
- Work closely with engineering team members on project development and implementation
- Provide support to engineers on schedule, scope, budget, design, planning, and coordination of projects
- Coordinate with corporate and plant personnel to optimize the use of resources and equipment
- Evaluate new products, processes, and technologies
- Champion of company core values
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience in manufacturing leadership
- Successful track record of leading
- Professional level competency in MS Word and excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coach, lead and implement “tough and unpopular” management decisions
- Excellent communications within a group and one on one
- Ability to communicate and work with customers, employees, suppliers and outside entities.
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with others.
- Ability to work in and maintain a highly functional team environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management, staff and vendors
- Must maintain discretion and sensitivity to confidential company matters
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be proactive and have initiative
- Personal alignment with Roseburg’s Core Values
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience in wood products
- Prior experience in LVL manufacturing or similar engineered wood products
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Read more here:: GFIS