Job Location: Seneca Sawmill Company – Eugene, OR
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Swing
Seneca Sawmill is looking for an experienced Planer Operator to work at our Eugene location. Responsibilities include setting up the Planer, breaking down units of green or dry lumber to feed through the Planer, Scanner and Trimmer, and performing maintenance on the Planer. This is a full time, swing shift opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to visually inspect lumber and remove/replace defective pieces.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on machines, requiring lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Change side heads.
- Change knives.
- Change trimmer saws.
- Clean and calibrate scanner on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively with forklift driver using a C.B. radio.
- Keep work area clean and follow all safety guidelines.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Planer Operator experience needed
- Knowledge of wood species preferred
- Ability to read a tape and calipers
- Ability to determine defects
Read more here:: GFIS