At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Weyerhaeuser is also a leader in the world’s structural frame market with innovative products, systems, and services for use in a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications worldwide. We’re looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards innovation. Our associates are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
The Philadelphia operation is a random length sawmill primarily producing lumber up to 20 feet in length with some specialty related capacity. Philadelphia, MS is located in east central Mississippi and filled with natural beauty and small-town charm. Whether you enjoy unique county fairs, resort entertainment, outdoor recreational activities, professional rodeos, golfing, historic landmarks or shopping, Neshoba County and Philadelphia, MS offers the best in recreation, relaxation, and entertainment.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership excellence to a shift of hourly associates in achieving safety, quality and production goals. This individual is responsible for safely planning, coordinating and maintaining operational schedules, and supporting maintenance to ensure continuous process improvement.
- The Production Supervisor is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive work environment, and ensuring open communication among associates.
- Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for developing and leading team meetings and training, identifying safety, quality and production issues, coordinating activities with maintenance team, and taking measures to proactively address all concerns.
- The Production Supervisor leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, building team work, and ensuringadherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or key leadership role
- Work related experience in leading and ensuring compliance with safety initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set
- Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other windows based programs
- Willing and able to work all shifts, including weekends
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals
- A resume must be attached to your application to be considered
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in production environment
- Hands-on experience working with optimizing systems
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning Software, such as Maximo or SAP
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Read more here:: GFIS