|Central Interior Mapping Co. Ltd is a well established forestry management company based in Quesnel B.C. For more than 25 years we have been providing professional timber and silviculture services to our clients and are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our knowledgeable staff. Currently, we are seeking a Silviculture Surveyor.
Silviculture Surveyor (term April – November)
Duties may include:
- Field surveys for stocking, free growing and walk through assessments
- Survey Planning
- Planting supervision
- Detailed Site Assessments
- Silviculture Prescription data gathering and summation
- Other general field and office duties as skills and experience dictate
- Valid Class five drivers license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be physically fit and be prepared to work outdoors in variable weather conditions
- Clear and legible hand writing and note taking, strong written and verbal communication skills and a sound attention to detail
- Familiarity with handheld data collectors and associated software
- Accreditation as a silviculture surveyor is an asset
- The ideal candidate will have Post secondary education in Forestry or a related field, as well as registration with the ABCFP as a RFT or FIT, or multiple years of field experience in the above.