Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 04 Mar 2018
Position Title : Programme Coordinator (Programme Support Unit (PSU))
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 March 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), South Sudan, and in close coordination with the Head of Operations and the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of mission programme support, including project development, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and donor liaison in IOM South Sudan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programme implementation in South Sudan.
• Liaise between resource management officers and programme managers to ensure that IOM
financial standards and requirements and observed.
• Coordinate and administer operational, administrative and financial aspects of Programme
Support Unit PSU, including oversight responsibilities of unit staff.
• Assess programme implementation modalities, assist in achieving maximum efficiency in programme delivery, measure and report results to senior programme staff and counterparts,
and directly inform programme strategy on a continual (rolling) basis.
• Direct and oversee monitoring activities in order to generate data and inform; identify in advance implementation challenges, formulate solutions and ensure the timely delivery of activities and services within the designated timeframe.
• Ensure logical and efficient planning, deployment of monitoring staff to achieve data gathering objectives.
• Identify, train and supervise monitoring staff and implementing partners in preparing progress reports and consolidated progress reports.
• Coordinate with programme managers/units to support drafting of regular progress reports to be submitted to the donor and IOM Headquarters (HQs).
• Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project/programme development, as required.
Project Development and Donor Liaison
• Act as focal point in IOM South Sudan for the design and development of new programmes/projects in close coordination with the Chief of Mission, Regional Office, IOM Headquarters, relevant programme managers, governmental authorities, international and regional institutions as well as partners’ organizations in the public/private sector.
• Act as a focal point for IOM South Sudan and respond to inquiries from IOM Headquarters and network of IOM regional offices.
• Conceptualise and design programmes based on solid results framework that respond to emerging trends, country and donor priorities.
• Contribute to the process of establishing a functional governmental and non-governmental infrastructure capable of raising awareness on issues relevant to IOM’s mandate and South Sudan, promoting project/programme related activities, and strengthening upon existing referral structures through assistance mechanisms.
Chief of Mission Support
• Identify areas of programme implementation which require the Chief of Mission’s intervention.
• Prepare policy briefings in relation to the CoM’s liaison functions for the Government of South Susan, senior partners, visiting delegations and donors, liaising with respective programme managers for related organizational events and partner United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) organizations.
• Represent the CoM in inter-agency meetings in relation to the establishment and implementation of joint programmes in coordination with Programme Managers, Head of Operations and Senior Resource Mobilization Officer, as well as any other meeting, as requested by the CoM.
• Ensure adequate follow-up with mission staff in support of the CoM’s strategic input and key decisions, including oversight of the mission’s development of a country programme.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in coordinating with managing various programme units and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies;
• Field experience in the Migration or Development fields;
• Experience in Project design and government and donor liaison.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 04 March 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.02.2018 to 04.03.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/49 (P) – Programme Coordinator (PSU) (P3) – Juba, South Sudan (55367088) Released
Posting: Posting NC55372286 (55372286) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT