Organization: UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Closing date: 15 Mar 2018
The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting a highly motivated Team Assistant to provide administrative and organisational support to the Human Rights Team, including ensuring effective planning and support for UN meetings, management of documents and official correspondence, and arranging programmes for visiting Ministers and officials.
Main responsibilities will include:
Organisation and administration (70%)
- Assisting visiting UK delegates for human rights meetings (UN accreditation, advising on accommodation and local transport options);
- Room bookings for meetings and side events at the UN and elsewhere;
- Maintaining a contacts database;
- Information management;
- File management (SharePoint, Shared area, UN documents, scanning faxed documents);
- Preparing note verbales and official letters;
- Providing logistical support for meetings with external contacts;
- Uploading UK statements to the UN website, and liaising with Press Officer for publication on Mission website;
- Managing resolutions lists, statements lists and delegation packs for Human Rights Council sessions;
- Assisting the Head of the Team with managing the team budget;
- Project Management support;
- Other administrative tasks as needed, e.g. annual leave coordination, learning and development.
Visits and events support (20%)
- Act as the Team’s visits officer for senior and working level human rights related visits (managing programme, setting up calls, arranging UN passes, sending out invites, setting up lunches and dinners, greeting at airport, assisting with refreshments during Ministerial HRC calls);
- Organising events / receptions for the Human Rights Team.
Meeting support (10%)
- Assisting during Human Rights Council sessions (10 weeks per year), including with note taking and reporting from plenary meetings as required, document handling and other meeting support as needed.
How to apply:
Please apply through the FCO online recruitment system by following this link https://goo.gl/Z6kQ3g
PS: only applications submitted this way will be considered valid.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV