Our Lower Columbia Region has an opening for a Forest Engineer on the Longview operations team, located in Castle Rock, Washington. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Area Manager with salary level dependent on skills and experience. The role is responsible for the planning and management of field engineering activities and requires active involvement in harvest unit and road layout, road construction and road maintenance activities and harvest unit scheduling/planning.
- Employ professional engineering skills in the planning and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, and harvest unit layout.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes.
- Full participation in the management of expense and capital budgets.
- Negotiating, preparing, and administering contracts.
- Act as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and throughout the operation.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
- BS Forest Engineering or Forest Operations. (Individuals who possess a comparable degree (e.g. Civil Engineering) along with forest operations experience will also be considered).
- Two years of forest engineering experience is desired.
- Candidates with northwest regional field experience will be strongly considered.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-directed team player.
- Familiarity of northwest forest practices rules and permitting processes.
- Ability to interact with state and federal forest practice regulators.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong analytical skills w/ proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems are highly desirable with desire to learn.
- Valid driver’s license is required, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
- Operational timing or weather constraints may require occasional weekend work.
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Read more here:: GFIS