Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 14 Mar 2018
Control the daily cash/cheque management, by checking the data reliability, tracking invoices and submitting monthly accounts in accordance with Base Responsible’s instructions and MSF protocols to provide accurate, updated financial information. Overseeing UniField and preparing Lokichoggio UniField to be integrated in the master by the Base Responsible.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:• Initiating, suggesting and assisting in developing additional and/or new working procedures to meet the demands of an efficiently functioning accounting system for Lokichoggio.
• Ensuring MSF standard financial templates and procedures, including the latest Finance SOP (Financial policies and procedures) and Authorization Table are adhered to.
• In liaison with supervisor, coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts, with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality of the project and ensuring strict adherence of deadlines.
• Supporting the Cashier in order to ensure accurate bookkeeping of daily transactions and weekly cash counts, using UniField.
• Checking the quality of the receipts for cheque and cash payments.
• Responsible for quality and timely accounting for Lokichoggio.• Ensuring quality of UniField supporting documents by checking bookkeeping and communicating feedback to Base Responsible.
• Actively participating in briefing, training, and supporting finance related staff including Loki Base Responsible and expats in their financial activities.
• Advising on balance accounts, sub a/c closure and follow up on outstanding issues.
• Preparing inter-sectional or inter-mission invoicing for split expenses across MSF.
• Performing weekly cash count with the Cashier.
• Ensuring periodic notification to the Base Responsible immediately in writing in case of major cash disparity or disrespect of financial procedures by staff in Lokichoggio.
• Ensuring sufficient bank balances and advise Base Responsible if additional funds are required.
• Monitoring cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly settled.
• Processing payment of salaries for the Lokichoggio based national staff and Regional staff.
• Checking and entering UniField transactions according to the Lokichoggio payroll booking sheet after comparison with the payroll verification report.
• In liaison with supervisor, ensuring expense monitoring in line with budget provisions on a regular basis, to analyze variances, to advice corrective actions if necessary.
• Assisting the Base Responsible with the annual budget plans.
• Supervising and setting priorities for staff under supervision.
• Providing training and support to staff including regional and inter-sectional events for Finance.
• Any other specific task upon request from supervisor.
Education: Degree in Finance, Masters is an added advantage.
Experience: In finance and management (minimum 2 years) in a similar capacity
Knowledge:Essential computer literacy (word, excel). Good analytical skills.
Languages: Fluent in English and Kiswahili essential.
• Stress Management.
• Result oriented person.
• Co-operative & team player.
How to apply:
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please hand in your CV indicating 3 referees and a motivation letter to MSF-Holland- Lokichogio offices or send it to email@example.com clearly indicating on the position on the subject line.
The deadline for this application is Wednesday, March 14, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge for any application, recruitment
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT