Organization: African Centre for Technology Studies
Closing date: 30 Mar 2018
ACTS is currently recruiting for the position of Research Fellow under the Climate Resilient Economy (CRE) Programme. The African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS) is a pioneering development research think tank on harnessing applications of science, technology and innovation policies for sustainable development in Africa.
The candidate will be joining a team and global network of excellent / award winning researchers in the area of science, technology and innovation policies. ACTS was in 2016 rated among the top three global think tanks in Climate Change, and number one in Africa.
To provide technical support and project management services to the Knowledge systems project
Under the supervision on the Climate Change Program Head, the Fellow will support the implementation of two projects
Support the implementation of the understanding knowledge system project in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania
- Undertake literature review and develop background paper(s) on the policy context of knowledge system in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania
- Support the design of fieldwork processes and tools for studying knowledge systems in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania
- Support the Coordination engagements with the country contacts points under the knowledge system project and ensure timely delivery of expected country outputs
- Produce and synthesise field reports from Kenya Rwanda and Tanzania and produce blogs and news pieces from the empirical date.
- Design and write high quality technical report and papers – drawing from empirical data, policy information and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Support the design of the consultative and dissemination workshops and roundtables with policy makers and other stakeholders to disseminate project outputs and outcomes
- Provide updated information for the project website
Support the implementation of the Climate Relevant Innovation System Builders Project.
- Assess on-going status of GCF proposal development in East Africa – including Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
- Support the process of nominating technocrats from governments across East Africa who are working on GCF activities to receive GCF proposal development fellowships
- Support the training and capacity building of fellows towards the development of GCF proposals.
- Design and write high quality policy brief from highlighting lessons learnt from the fellowships and options for carrying such lessons forward.
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
- MSc in Innovation Studies, knowledge management’ Agricultural systems, Development studies relevant social science. PhD in related field will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years experience in relevant research.
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of additional UN language(s) preferably French is an added advantage
- Proven ability to Multi-task across research and corporate function
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
How to apply:
Send us your application including a motivation letter, an updated CV and three references to the Human Resource Manager, ACTS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the title of the position “Research Fellow” on the subject of your application email
Application deadline: 30th March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI