Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 09 Apr 2018
Post Title: Executive Assistant
Proposed level: GS-5
Duty Station: Panama City, Panama
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
For every child, a champion
Under the supervision of the Representative, and supporting the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent performs executive assistant functions for the Panama Country Office and supervises the driver.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Executive Assistant to support UNICEF’s Panama Office in the following areas:
Secretarial and Clerical Duties:
1. Arranges appointments and maintains supervisors’ calendar, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
2. Prepares, screens, logs and routes outgoing correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system. Prepares draft correspondence, documents and reports for senior management, for conformity with establish procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by Representative.
3. In charge of protocol matters of the Panama Country Office, which entails arranging meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and takes minutes and/or notes at meetings. Arranges official reception given by the head of office.
4. Maintains policy, confidential, office chronological and general management of the electronic data base file in server S and Sharepoint.
Management and administrative duties:
5. Travel focal point: coordinate/prepares travel arrangements for all staff members and performs liaison duties with other units in terms of compiling office travel plan.
6. Monitor compliance with travel plan, review and certify in SAP travel request and trip claims/certification.
7. Keeps and updates lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials, members of the diplomatic corps and counterparts.
Supporting activities for the functioning of the office:
8. Provide administrative support to the HR Associate in the country office and act as focal point for external drive backups in the office.
Performs other duties, as required.
For every child, you demonstrate:
Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion and IntegrityCore competencies:
Communication (I), Working with people (II), Drive for results (I).Functional Competencies:
Analyzing (I), Learning & Researching (I), Planning and organizing (I), Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
View our competency framework at
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have:
Education: Completion of secondary education. Additional progressive formal training and/or self-learning in finance, accounting or other related are essential. Completion of relevant university credit courses an asset. Experience: Five to six years of relevant work experience. Progressively responsible experience in supporting UNICEF’s mandate, and experience in an international organization is a plus.Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Spanish is required (both spoken and written)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=511499
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT