Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 14 Mar 2018
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
UNICEF Somalia played a key role in making sure that child-focused data, with attention to gender and minorities, was included in the country’s first national development plan in 30 years. We have been tackling issues such as child mortality, better access to health services, severe malnutrition, and stronger child rights. We are working with partners to address the alarming food insecurity and malnutrition levels in Somalia. We are supporting community based reintegration programs for children released from armed groups, and are working on developing a social protection policy. We are also conducting robust HACT implementation.
Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Planning & Monitoring Specialist, responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the integrated monitoring and evaluation strategies in support of the country programme.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
* This post is currently based in Nairobi USSC and will be relocated to Mogadishu, Somalia.
* Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receivingan offer.
* Please note that this is a non-family duty station.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=511333
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT