Organization: Karam Foundation
Closing date: 15 Apr 2018
AS FINANCE COORDINATOR, YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE OVERALL SUCCESS OF THE ORGANIZATION BY MANAGING KARAM FOUNDATION’S TURKEY PROGRAM FINANCES.
University degree or college diploma in Accounting or Finance
3-5 years of experience of working in finance department with a NGO
Experience in assessment and monitoring of partners
Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash management
A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment
Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
A strong sense of integrity
Attention to detail
Advanced working knowledge of Excel
Good Turkish & Arabic language skills required
English skills highly preferred
1 – Accounting Management
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in accounting software
- Manage secure money transfers, cash-supply and amounts in circulation
- Managing the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds to meet program needs
- Compile monthly cash requests from budget holders for various departments of the Reyhanli & Istanbul offices
- Ensure preparation of monthly reconciliations and regular cash counts
- Support proper and timely allocation of expenses during month and closing at the end of each month.
- Ensure that proper funding and costs plan is maintained for Reyhanli & Istanbul offices, accurate budget codes are maintained, and funding gaps are periodically calculated and shared with the management.
2 – Project Financial Cycle Management
- Develop project budgets and reports while ensuring the financial feasibility of projects, respect of donors’ rules and deadlines
- Provide relevant input into budget during project development phase
- Propose sufficient support budgets
- Manage project payments and financial project close-out
3 – Control & Supervision:
- Support Director of Finance in implementing proper internal controls to safeguard the organization assets and proper use of funds.
- Ensure that Karam Foundation’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld
- Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance
4 – Internal Reporting
- Support monthly financial closing and ensures accuracy of reports
- Ensure proper tracking and analysis of debtors and creditors (staff advances, prepayments, accruals and other liabilities), reconcile and prepare/post corrective and adjusting journal entries.
- Review and ensures accuracy of balance sheet items and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Balance Sheet schedules with supporting schedules
- Analyze and report monthly running costs
5 – Other
- Provide support as required to the Director of Finance and finance team in monthly and yearly closings.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure relevant documents are available and recorded in accounts books in time with all the supporting documents.
- Facilitate Director of Finance in preparation for all internal and external audits.
- Perform any other duties and tasks, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Finance
Contract length: 1 year– extendable
LOCATION: Istanbul, Turkey
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
SALARY: salary defined by the Karam Foundation salary grid and educational level**
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill out this application form. If you have any trouble uploading the CV in the form, please email CV to email@example.com with “Istanbul Finance Coordinator” in the subject line.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI