Organization: Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue
Closing date: 04 Apr 2018
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD is currently looking for a:
Project Officer, Ukraine
Based in Kiev, Ukraine
Starting date: ASAP
HD has been working in Ukraine since December 2013, establishing dialogue initiatives aimed at introducing comparative expertise and creative ideas into official dialogue processes.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Officer will support the implementation of HD’s Ukraine-based activities, and will have the following responsibilities:
Liaise with local partners, consultants and donors on the implementation of activities, ensuring their alignment with HD’s project objectives;
Strengthen and expand HD’s networks among relevant stakeholders, representing HD in meeting with foreign missions and national actors;
Ensure compliance with donor requirements through the preparation of project reports and contributing to financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting;
Organise meetings and events;
Monitor specific regional issues and contribute to the analysis of the situation in Ukraine ;
Provide programmatic input and contribute to the project’s strategy;
Undertake travel within the region, and travel to Geneva for consultations up to twice a month;
Assist with other regional initiatives such as in Central Asia and Eastern Europe;
Assist with other activities as required by the team.
The successful candidate should have:
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in the Eurasia region;
· Relevant University-level degree;
· Strong command of written and spoken English, and a good level of Ukrainian or Russian is needed;
· Prior knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation or of the humanitarian field;
· Discretion in the management of sensitive information;
· A diplomatic manner in dealing with interlocutors;
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
· Research and information analysis skills;
· Experience in planning meetings and events;
- Reliability and flexibility in implementing assigned tasks and a strong team spirit;
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks as needed.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and meet the required qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 4 April 2018 to email@example.com.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI