Organization: Center for International Policy
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 01 May 2018
Fundraising and Communications
The Fundraising and Communications internship is a combined role that will provide you with highly employable and in-demand skills such as fundraising and development; event planning; and database, social media, and website management. You will work closely with CIP’s Development Manager, Executive Director, and Office Manager & Executive Assistant. This internship will give you first-hand experience with nonprofit fundraising, operations, and communications. Ideally, the Fundraising and Development intern will work 3-4 full days per week, with an hour break for lunch. Full-time interns will receive a nominal stipend of $1,000 during their internship.
- Research grants, foundations, funding opportunities, and fundraising strategies
- Coordinate logistics for any board meetings
- Maintain and update CIP’s donor database
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and communications outreach through direct mail and email
- Send acknowledgment letters and tax receipts to donors
- Help plan fundraising trips and events
- Maintain CIP’s social media presence
- Other research, writing, and administrative duties as needed
- Enthusiasm for CIP’s mission of promoting international diplomacy, human rights, and social justice
- Familiarity with the nonprofit world, or a desire to learn about it
- An interest in gaining development, fundraising, event planning, and database experience
- A positive, can-do attitude and a strength at paying attention to detail
- Prior experience with professional social media, Excel, mail merge, databases, website management, and/or fundraising is a big plus
The Center for International Policy is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status refugee status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (please include your desired start date, end date, and weekly schedule)
- CIP is committed to building a diverse internship program which will help to cultivate a more diverse community of practice in the field of US Foreign Policy. We believe inclusion leads to more creativity and better work environments. What strengths will you bring to this internship to help CIP achieve this goal? Please answer this in your cover letter.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI