Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 09 May 2018
Position Title : Senior Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
External female candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific, and the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Bangladesh, in coordination with the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer for Asia and the Pacific, and in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) including Senior Resources Management Officer in the Emergency Support Unit (ESU) and Administrative Centres (Manila and Panama), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for managing, monitoring and administering the Financial, Budget, Treasury, Human Resources (HR), Procurement/Logistics and Information Technology (IT) activities in IOM Bangladesh and its sub-offices with the focus on Cox’s Bazar.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Plan, oversee and monitor the resources management functions of all activities of the Mission. Supervise/coordinate the preparation of financial reports, donor reports and budgets. Provide oversight of financial expenditures and undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission.
Coordinate and oversee day-to-day administrative, finance, human resources, procurement/logistics, IT and other administrative activities of IOM Bangladesh with emphasis on Cox’s Bazar.
Ensure implementation of and adherence to internal controls to prevent fraud and mismanagement. Develop and implement relevant operational control systems.
Support and provide guidance to staff and managers in Cox’s Bazar in matters related to IOM’s administrative questions, local institutions, internal regulations and human resources issues with a view to enhance their knowledge for the smooth running of the Mission’s operations. Liaise with ESU in Department of Resources Management (DRM)/HQs, Administrative Centres and the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific to obtain/forward information and coordinate activities.
Supervise Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Common Service (COS) and Information Technology (IT) units in Cox’s Bazar in line with the Organization’s policies and procedures. Provide support and training in Administration, Finance, HR as well as Procurement.
Participate in the senior management team in the development and implementation of short and long-term management objectives and goals. Liaise with Project Managers regarding funding levels of ongoing activities and estimated funds coming in through foreseen future activities.
Represent the Organization at relevant high-level inter-agency meetings as required.
Oversee the maintenance of the Mission’s office’s premise, equipment, vehicles and supplies.
Monitor, assess and evaluate the administrative and financial aspects of programme activities of IOM Bangladesh in general and particularly Cox’s Bazar.
Liaise with donors regarding new, ongoing or completed projects as required.
Undertake duty travel to provide administrative support on Resources Management and resolve problem/issues as requested by the CoM and/or Project Managers.
Provide support to the CoM and Project Managers in answering any queries raised regarding the correct allocation of programme funds and providing any requisite documentation including for auditing purposes.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Management experience at the international level, accompanied by background in finance, accounting and budgeting as well as experience in human resources management required;
• Field experience a plus, including in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as international institutions;
• Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP highly desirable;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage;
• High level of computer literacy, particularly experience in computerized accounting systems and software.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Bengali is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 May 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 26.04.2018 to 09.05.2018
Requisition: VN2018/99(P)-SeniorResourcesManagementOfficer(P4)-CoxsBazar,Bangladesh (55456398) Released
Posting: Posting NC55456399 (55456399) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT