About Roseburg Forest Products Founded in 1936, Roseburg Forest Products is a privately owned company and one of North America’s leading producers of particleboard, medium density fiberboard and thermally fused laminates. Roseburg also manufactures softwood and hardwood plywood, lumber, LVL and I-joists. The company owns and sustainably manages more than 600,000 acres of timberland in Oregon, North Carolina and Virginia, as well as an export wood chip terminal facility in Coos Bay, Ore. Roseburg products are shipped throughout North America and the Pacific Rim. To learn more about the company please visit www.Roseburg.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide district level supervision with direct financial and regulatory compliance responsibility for all silvicultural activities
- Annual budget preparation & forecasting and management of all district level silvicultural programs
- Supervision, recruitment, training and development of the Vaughn forestry staff
- Ensuring safe working conditions and active participation in all company safety programs
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in full compliance with laws, regulations and company policy
- Collaboration with operations staff and others to ensure company objectives are achieved
- Manage & negotiate district leases and easements
- Represent the company positively with neighbors, public, agencies & industry
- Manage district fire protection and security programs
- Bachelor’s degree in forest management or a related natural resources field
- 10 years of demonstrated field, administrative & supervisory experience but willing to consider, and strongly encourage, any internal candidate that does not necessarily meet all of the position requirements
- This position can be physically demanding at times and requires the ability to traverse steep slopes in a wide range of adverse weather and field conditions
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, and excellent proficiency in all aspects of MS office and GIS systems
- Most importantly, you must be passionate about growing trees!
If you looking for an opportunity to manage 150,000 acres of well managed high site timberland and collaborate with some of the best professionals in the business, apply now!
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Read more here:: GFIS