Organization: Berghof Foundation
Closing date: 14 May 2018
This project is part of an overarching pilot project to support stabilization in Yemen, which we implement in close collaboration with the GIZ. The overall objective of the project is to support stabilization in two selected governorates in Yemen: Hadramout and Dhamar. Within these governorates, two informal local consultation structures are established and supported to complement the existing administrative set up and to advice the governors on development and peacebuilding needs and priorities. The structures also function as a steering committee for a small scale projects fund provided by the GIZ.
As Project Manager Yemen you will be part of our MENA team and report to our Programme Directors.
Main tasks of the position include:
- Plan, manage, supervise and monitor the implementation of the project
- Ensure sound financial management and internal documentation system
- Writing regular reports for donor(s) in collaboration with the project team
- Ensure close communication and coordination with the Yemeni-based project team and supervise implementation of project activities
- Provide thematic and conceptual guidance to the project team, partners and project consultants
- Liaise with and brief main donors
- Contribute to fundraising for follow-up or related projects
- Proven track record in the management of projects in conflict areas (in the MENA region, ideally in Yemen); relevant professional experience of at least 5 years is mandatory
- Experience with conflict transformation or local governance approaches
- Strong facilitation & communication skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, law or political science
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Regular travels in Europe and the MENA region will be required
- Curiosity, passion, flexibility and perseverance
How to apply:
The position will be based in Berlin for a period of up to 23 months.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 14 May 2018 through our online application system: www.berghof-foundation.org/nc/de/ueber-uns/jobs/
We look forward to receiving your application!
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI