Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 02 May 2018
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT – DATA OFFICER
POSITION: DATA OFFICER
REPORTS TO: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA.
Overall Job Function
Under the supervision of the Strategic Information Specialist, the Data Officer will provide M&E support at Point of Service in support of SI activities. S/he will conduct data collection, collation, cleaning, analysis and reporting from the health facilities for both program and DATIM reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct routine data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities;
- Provide complete, timely and accurate data and reports
- Support the health facilities to improve their medical records system and maintain data quality.
- Participate in data analysis and report compilation (monthly, quarterly, annually) on all required indicators
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities including data validation and cleaning
- Ensure regular, accurate monitoring reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) from the points of service on all required donor, government and organizational indicators.
- Undertake any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
University Degree in a Health Related field.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience handling health records, statistical data or population / demographic data or information.
Good computer skills on Ms Office applications especially Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Access. Ms PowerPoint.
Knowledge of data management principles.
Proficiency in working with IQcare EMR system.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 2nd May 2018.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “**DATA OFFICER**” as the subject.
T**he University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.**
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI