Organization: Wellcome Trust
Closing date: 04 May 2018
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
The Programme is searching for a qualified, dynamic and motivated person to fill the following position:
- Statutory reporting ,budgeting, managing tax matters, coordinating internal and external audits, , preparation of board reports and liaising with tax authorities on all tax issues and coordinating tax reviews
- The Financial accountant will also coordinate the accounting of Fixed Assets.
- Ensuring all accounting transactions comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as compliance with donor and Joint Venture owner requirements.
- Reports to Chief Finance Officer/Head of Finance.
- Supervise Finance staff – Accountants and Assistant Accountants.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheets and income statements, cashflows)
- Organise internal audits
- Monitor and report on monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identify and solve any accounting discrepancies
- Analyse financial trends
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes and coordinate processing of audit adjustments
- Coordinate external audits, file income tax returns and coordinate with Company secretaries for filing of annual returns.
- Supervise the management and accounting of the company’s assets
- Preparation of the monthly and annual board packs
- Preparation of the statutory financial statements and liaising with auditors to ensure the statutory accounts are correct
- Liaising with and reporting to the Chief Finance Officer
- Managing and developing other accountancy staff
- Assembling data for tax filings where and when required
- Keeping abreast of some tax related developments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and / or relevant field professional qualification (e.g. CPA (K), ACCA etc.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Experience in coordinating Internal and external audits
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and application thereon
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Knowledge of tax laws and provisions of the Company’s Act 2015. Demonstrated knowledge of Tax filing and calculation of taxable income (if any)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, multitask in a busy office and uphold and develop team spirit
- Strong supervisory skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please click on the link below
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI