Organization: University of Maryland
Closing date: 30 Apr 2018
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT: LONGITUDINAL CARE IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
Position:** Longitudinal Care Improvement Specialist
Reports to:** Clinical Care Improvement Specialist
Location:** Nairobi, Kenya.
Overall Job Function:
The Longitudinal Care Improvement Specialist will be responsible for supporting adherence and psychosocial support systems for the patients both at facility and in the community with the aim of increasing patient retention and outcomes. The position focuses on strengthening linkages between health facilities and communities for an effective continuum of care delivery structure.
1. Support the structuring of adherence support systems for improved patient retention in care
2. Implement systems to deliver age-appropriate counseling and psychosocial support for patients
3. Streamline appointment and defaulter tracing systems
4. Strengthen linkage between facilities and communities through supporting the implementation of community health strategy including overseeing the activities of community health workers as relates to HIV service support
5. Mentor adherence counsellors/nursing staff, community health workers/ volunteers, to support chronic care of HIV-infected clients enrolled in care
6. Strengthen monitoring and evaluation of longitudinal care activities including utilization of data to monitor quality of care in supported facilities with focus on appointment keeping and retention
7. Ensure that structured treatment literacy is provided to enrolled clients
8. Assist in developing HIV prevention and care components, processes and SOPs for the adherence, health facility and community.
9. Adopt the innovative training methodologies to support training of health care workers to support adherence and psychosocial support and long term follow-up of patients
Qualifications and Requirements:
· A degree in Social Sciences, Public health, Anthropology, Nursing, Clinical medicine, or Community Development/Social Work.
· Training in HIV/AIDS care & treatment including HTC (NASCOP Certified)
· 4 – 6years’ experience, 2 years of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of HTC services
· Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and HTC service delivery.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, report writing and presentation skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 30th April 2018. Applicants are advised to include the position title “**LONGITUDINAL CARE IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST**” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI