Closing date: 06 May 2018
To further develop its activities, Enabel is looking for 1 (m/f):
Energy Engineer – MOZAMBIQUE
Contract duration: 60 months
Probable starting date: 1st of August
Monthly salary package: Level 2 – B417: between 5.288,28 euros and 7.524,32 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expatriate benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
The Indicative Cooperation Program (ICP 2013-2017) between Belgium and Mozambique allocates a total grant envelope of 16 million € to the energy sector in Mozambique, split over two interventions:
- Institutional and organizational strengthening and capacity development at the Ministry of Energy (CBMIREME)
- Renewable Energy for Rural Development phase 2 (RERD2)
Both interventions will contribute to the economic productivity and social service delivery in rural Mozambique through the provision of sustainable, affordable and environment-friendly energy.
RERD II, whose budget amounts to 12M€, builds on the results of the first phase of the intervention and will contribute to increased access to energy in rural areas by investments in renewable energy systems and support mechanisms to ensure sustainability.
The partner organisation is FUNAE (Fundo de Energia). The institution is in charge of developing the use of renewable energy in rural areas.
To achieve this specific objective, RERD II will invest in three strategic axes:
- Financing the construction of off-grid systems and demonstrate the most suitable management mode for those mini-grids. The intervention will focus on large mini-grids allowing for the productive use of energy.
- Improving the technical and financial sustainability of the current systems in Mozambique
- Improving FUNAE capacities, especially related to project management at central level and to planning and coordination at the level of the Delegation in the Provinces.
The geographic focus will be the province of Zambezia, with possible extension to Niassa and Manica depending on the security situation
Under the supervision of the intervention manager, ensure the implementation of the technical part of the project.
The first two years will be dedicated to selecting the sites for the construction of mini-hydro power plants and finalizing the pre-feasibility, feasibility and tender dossier for the construction.
The following three years will be dedicated to the construction and the commissioning of the schemes and the set-up of a sustainable management system.
The engineer is also expected to take part and give useful inputs in the specific objectives 2 and 3, to improve the financial sustainability of current systems and to improve project management in FUNAE.
Required level of education
- Hold a Master’s degree in engineering, preferably in the renewable energy sector or equivalent.
Required and/or desired experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, design, construction and supervision of energy systems;
- Experience in public procurement is required;
- Experience in small hydropower systems is a strong asset;
- Experience with the design and implementation of mini-grids is a strong advantage;
- Overseas experience, of which part in sub-Sahara Africa is an advantage, knowledge of the country and/or experience working in Mozambique is a strong advantage.
- Knowledgeable about energy access and rural electrification issues.
- Skills and experience in capacity building activities and change processes.
- Knowledge of common ICT-applications, GIS-software and modelling software is an advantage.
- Team spirit and communication skills with colleagues and project partners of different social levels.
An analytical mind and a good technical writing and reporting capacity.
Adherence to Enabel’s values: commitment, respect, responsibility and integrity;
Very good negotiation skills, stakeholder consensus-building ability;
Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases);
Reasonable level of Portuguese and willing to learn
Very Good level of English
He/she will be in good health, and willing to travel frequently to remote areas.
He/she is sensitive to the cross-cutting issues of the Belgian cooperation (environment, gender, children’s rights and social economy).
Please apply no later than May 6 th 2018. If you have any further questions please contact us via email@example.com
You must apply online.
Only applications entered in our system via our website will be considered.
How to apply:
Through our website: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000960484P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=nl_NL&site=VjItRG9OVktVYS9CQ3J3RmtmaHoxaFpSQT09&career_job_req_id=8761&selected_lang=fr_FR&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=QNzYG4Y%2bZeH5Ndac%2fG7VXBX9ts8%3d
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV