Expera Specialty Solutions is seeking to fill positions for Paper Mill General Laborer/Sparehand at our Thilmany Mill in Kaukauna. This is an entry-level paper mill laborer position. Sparehands provide support to multiple departments by performing physical labor tasks such as assisting and/or operating paper mill equipment, including a variety of material handling equipment and tools, obtaining supplies for operators, performing general clean up around paper machines and other moving equipment.
Paper Mill General Labor Requirements
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- High school diploma or GED
- Production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous shift work experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Previous military or farm experience a plus
Paper Mill General Labor Responsibilities
- Must follow Expera’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for each grade of paper.
- Responsible for obtaining needed supplies.
- Assist equipment operators as required.
- General cleanup around paper machines and other moving equipment.
- Work rotating 8-hour shifts seven days a week on a southern swing or 12-hour shift schedule.
- Able to work on all 3 shifts 24/7.
- Overtime required.
- Perform heavy work, defined as lifting 100 lb. maximum with help, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform work while wearing a supplied air respirator.
- Work around fast-moving machinery.
- Work at heights.
- Drive a lift-truck type vehicle.
- Work in a hot and humid environment.
Read more here:: GFIS