Organization: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Closing date: 07 May 2018
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Gender Officer, AIMS Programs
In this role and reporting to the Director, SFE & Programs, you will be responsible for mainstreaming gender equality and inclusion within the SFE program. The scope of work includes building staff and organizational capacity, providing technical assistance across the program cycle and collaborating with gender focal points across the AIMS Network and the Director, Gender Equality and Inclusion to support implementation of the AIMS Framework for Gender Equality and Inclusion in all aspects of programmatic initiatives.
This is a full-time, two-year renewable contract opportunity based at the AIMS Senegal Centre of Excellence in Mbour, Senegal.
Do you have what we need?
· Master’s degree in relevant area and/or equivalent work experience (an undergraduate degree in combination with qualifying experience accepted in lieu of an advanced degree);
· Fully bilingual in French and English (speak, read, write);
· Minimum eight (8) years’ experience with international development, with a focus on promoting women’s rights, empowerment and gender equality;
· At least four (4) years working on gender equality issues in the African context – exposure to gender issues in the francophone context in Africa;
· Excellent gender analytical research and writing skills;
· Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team colleagues, field offices, donors and partners and in promoting and maintaining a collaborative working environment;
· Demonstrated understanding of gender equality compliance requirements of donor government agencies, such as Global Affairs Canada, DFID, IDRC, Development Banks and other multilateral agencies / charitable organizations / foundations;
· Strong aptitude for coaching, training and facilitation within diverse cultural contexts;
· Familiarity integrating gender equality and inclusion within Results Based Management (RBM) and reporting frameworks;
· Demonstrated ability to review, synthesize and analyze information / data and produce quality reports;
· Previous experience leading the following: programmatic gender analysis, gender strategy development and implementation, reporting against gender equality results activities;
· Skilled in research and integrating gender analysis in program design and proposals development;
· Flexible approach to dealing with ambiguity / changes in priorities;
· Experience in managing multiple priorities using a multi-stakeholder approach is considered an asset;
· Excellent computer skills using MS Office and Internet; and
· Ability and availability to travel internationally to implementation areas, some of which may be in remote locations.
How to apply:
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com (i.e. quote “Gender Officer**” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until May 7, 2018.**
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI