Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 09 May 2018
Call for Applications
Position Title : Programme Manager (Shelter & Non-Food Items)
Duty Station : Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (Preparedness and Response Division – PRD), the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational coordination and technical supervision of the Shelter and NFI (Shelter & NFI) program of IOM Somalia. S/he will ensure that IOM programs are in line with the Global and National Cluster policies, standards and guidelines. Specific focus will be invested in strategizing and integrating durable solutions into the Shelter and NFI emergency programming.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage IOM Shelter and NFI projects, in line with the Shelter and NFI national and global cluster policies and strategies, and in close coordination with the Senior Programmes Coordinator.
Plan, supervise and coordinate all Shelter and NFI activities in Somalia in collaboration with relevant IOM units and field staff.
Ensure timely implementation of all activities; oversee all financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
Work in close collaboration with the Programme Support Unit in project development and reporting to ensure project proposals are aligned to Shelter and NFI Cluster strategy. Develop information management and visibility updates for the programme on a regular basis targeting
internal audience, donors and external humanitarian and/or development stakeholders.
Coordinate with HR Officer on recruitment and training. Supervise program staff throughout the different phases of the program cycle. Coach, support and oversee the performance of the field staff assigned activities related to the program.
Ensure appropriate coordination and integration with all relevant humanitarian stakeholders in all Shelter and NFI activities in Somalia, including but not limited, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster and Programme, DTM, Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN), House Land and Property (HLP) Sub-cluster.
Build operational capacity to national NGOs and government counterparts by developing implementing technical manuals, guidelines and templates as well as conducting trainings on Shelter and NFI implementation, best practices and strategies.
Lead the development of a Shelter/NFI Programme Strategy that is aligned with the policies and strategies of the Global and National Cluster. Introduce innovation and creativity in the Shelter&NFI Programming with specific emphasis on resilience-based and durable approaches.
Explore and pilot new elements of Shelter&NFI Programming (e.g. Cash-Based Interventions, Pipeline, Areas-Based Approach) and develop internal Somalia-tailored Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that are aligned with global standards and internal IOM policies and procedures.
Subject to funding availability, advocate, initiate and manage a Common Pipeline of Shelter and NFI supplies to efficiently support operations of national and international NGO partners. Develop guidelines, processes and templates to ensure the project aligns with the Shelter and NFI Cluster strategy as well as donor requirements.
Actively engage in activities supporting the nexus between humanitarian needs and durable solutions, specifically exploring urbanization of settlements with protracted IDPs under an “area-based approach.”
Participate and represent proactively IOM in the Shelter/NFI Cluster forums like Operational Working Group, Technical Working Groups, Strategic Advisory Group and other ad hoc meetings.
Ensure integration of the IASC’s priority cross cutting issues (e.g. human rights, HIV/AIDS. Age, AAP) and promote gender equality by ensuring that the needs of women and girls as well as men and boys are addressed.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Relevant professional experience in the field is required;
• Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
• Experience in project management and implementation;
• Experience in training and building capacity government authorities and national NGOs;
• Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
• Working experience in the region is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 May 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 26.04.2018 to 09.05.2018
Requisition: CFA2018/14(P)- Programme Manager(Shelter & Non-Food Items)(UG)-Mogadishu,Somalia
Posting: Posting NC55456277 (55456277) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT