Organization: European Commission’s Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 02 May 2018
In order to facilitate and to maximise the impact of the humanitarian operations financed by the European Union and of the EU Civil Protection activities in South Sudan, the expert will be appointed as Technical Assistant (TA) in South Sudan by the European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO). The expert will be based in Juba, South Sudan. He/she will be required to carry out regular missions to identify and assess humanitarian needs and to monitor programs in South Sudan.
At the request of ECHO Headquarters, the expert may also be called upon to carry out missions linked to his specific responsibilities to neighbouring countries, to other regions or to Brussels, and should be prepared to react to a current or evolving crisis in any other region in the world following a request by DG ECHO Brussels.
Qualification requirements and assets:
General DG ECHO language requirements: mastering of at least 2 languages: English or French as 1st language; French, English, Spanish, Arabic or Russian as 2nd language.
For the present position, a very good command of English is compulsory.
The candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in delivering humanitarian assistance in at least two of the following areas :
- Refugee and resettlement situations
- Protection and gender
- Management of multi-sectoral humanitarian aid programs
- Experience in Food assistance and Nutrition
- Experience with DG ECHO
- Solid experience in managing humanitarian aid projects, including projects monitoring
- Previous working experience in at least 1 of the following countries : South Sudan, DRC, Somalia, Ethiopia.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NON-FAMILY POSTING.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject of the message: 2018-07*–* Country TA – Juba, South Sudan
With the following information:
– Forename: – Surname: – E- mail: – Phone number(s): – ID application number (DG ECHO database “Individual Experts Online”): – Available from (dd/mm/yyyy):*
Documents to be attached:
– Curriculum Vitae – Motivation Letter*
Please note that :
– only candidates registered in the DG ECHO Individual Experts database can apply: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/dispo-extranet/CANDIDATES/
– CV has to be recently updated in DG ECHO Individual Experts database
– only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV