Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 12 May 2018
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Syria and the direct supervision of International Procurement Officer in close cooperation with all other FAO staff/colleagues, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing procurement plan on a quarterly basis for all office consumable items;
Using GRMS (Global Resource Management Systems) software for create PR (Purchase Requisition) for any type of procurement;
Assist the International Procurement Officer and Procurement Associate in preparing and issuing tender documents, Purchase Orders/Contracts and POs/Contracts amendments using appropriate standard models appropriate, ensuring that all relevant information has been provided and that tenders/contracts documents are complete.
Dispatch to supplier’s invitations to bid, clarifications, purchase orders/Contracts, amendments to PO/Contracts both by email and physically by hand when needed.
Respond to telephone/email queries from potential suppliers, bidders, contractors, requesters and directs queries as necessary to responsible Officers thus prepare/issue official clarifications to all invited vendors.
Monitor and carry out follow-up action on both invitations and POs acknowledgement, delivery by suppliers and acknowledgement by consignee, ascertain that goods are shipped according to promised schedules and arrive as per schedules in order to close PO.
Support in filing all procurement documents for easy retrieval when required.
Maintain and update the procurement monitoring date base including keeping track of all Purchase Orders issued and make recommendation for payment.
Serves as focal point for vendor management including vendor registration, vendor performance rating and reviewing list of invitees (vendor) for each solicitation;
Backstop the Procurement Associate during his/her absence.
Perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor
· Ability to process large information content, drive for results;
· Strong organizational and analytical skills;
· Strong computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Internet, e-mail).
· At least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant business administration or supply chain management environment;
· Experience in projects funded by international donors and organizations is a plus
· University degree in business administration, social science, political science, or related fields;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment;
· Demonstrated skills in archiving and filing;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT