Closing date: 22 May 2018
Hedayah was established in 2012 as the International Centre of Excellence for Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). It serves as the premier international hub for policymakers, practitioners and researchers to enhance understanding and share good practices in countering violent extremism in all of its forms and manifestations.
The Centre has 3 main departments :
Dialogue and Communications
Capacity Building Programs
Research and Analysis
STRIVE Global Program responds to the EU’s Counter-Terrorism Strategy which promotes democracy, dialogue, human rights and good governance. Organized around four pillars: prevention, protection, pursuit and response, it is within the first pillar prevention that the EU has engaged with Hedayah to deliver this Program.
The overall objective of this EU funded Program (which started in May 2015) is to build the capacity of state and non-state actors to effectively challenge radicalization and recruitment to violent extremism while continuing to respect human rights and international law.
The specific objective is to work with local partners to design, implement and develop approaches that have a demonstrable impact on the threat posed by radicalization and recruitment to terrorism. It will do so through the allocation of financial support to local implementing partners and the provision of technical support through targeted training and capacity building. The main activities of this Program are to:
Develop and deliver a cascaded training program for raising awareness of, and building support for, CVE amongst Public Officials and Civil Society Organizations;
Support design and implementation of Civil Society initiatives to CVE;
Address the challenge of media coverage of terrorism by raising the awareness and building the capacity of state and media actors; and
Develop research resources that provide an evidence base for CVE interventions.
Journalism Projects Consultant will:
- Actively participate in the evaluation of the concept notes and full proposals submitted by CSOs in respond to the Call for Proposals for journalism projects to be launched in May 2018.
- Answer to applicant’s questions related to EU regulations.
- Provide country level assistance to third parties in terms of project design (description of the action, action plan, logical frame and budget).
- Fulfill all the EU administrative procedures related to the call for proposals (evaluation grids, evaluation reports, notification letters, grant contracts, etc.).
- Provide country level assistance to third parties in terms of monitoring and evaluation. Accomplish any other duty related to the above mentioned Call for Proposals, upon request of his/her supervisor.
- At least 5 years’ experience in projects design, coordination and implementation.
- Consolidated experience of working with local Civil Society Organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of DEVCO regulations, processes, procedures and the project cycle management.
- Strong expertise in monitoring and evaluation and CSOs capacity building.
- Preferably, understanding of the drivers of, and effective responses to violent extremism in the media. Experience working in an international setting.
Educated to degree level, preferably Masters, in relevant discipline e.g. Journalism, Terrorism and media, Social Sciences, Human Rights, Political Science, Security Studies etc.
- Highly committed to build CSOs capacity;
- High level of patience and empathy understanding local contexts;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work independently as well as within a team;
- Constructively managing internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
- Ability to deliver high quality products according to deadlines;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English. PACKAGE:
Contract – up to 1 year, extendable by mutual agreement. Note that the work will be remotely with some possible travels to Hedayah’s office in Abu Dhabi and to the countries of intervention.
How to apply:
Send covering letter and CV to email@example.com mentioning ‘Consultant for Journalism Projects’ in the subject heading no later than 22 May 2018. Candidates who are assessed as being most suitable for this position will be invited to take part in a telephone interview and a written test.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI