Organization: Berghof Foundation
Country: Germany, Lebanon
Closing date: 17 May 2018
For a new Community Safety Project we are looking for a Project Officer Yemen (div/f/m). The full-time position will be based in Berlin or Beirut, starting as soon as possible.
As Project Officer Yemen you will be part of our MENA team and work closely with and report to our Project Manager.
Main tasks of the position include:
- Provide logistical support for a new community safety project in selected governorates in Yemen (regional expert workshops, consultation meetings, travel planning)
- Ensure proper documentation and knowledge management, including contribution to the Berghof Foundation and project websites
- Translation and editing of project documents
- Support financial department with activity related financial planning, budgeting, and financial documentation Support project development, thematic background research and perform additional tasks upon request of the Project Manager or Programme Directors
- Bachelor in relevant field; background in the MENA region (ideally in Yemen) and/or in the field of conflict transformation and political sciences is an asset
- A minimum of one to three years’ of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English; German is an asset
- Experience in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to travel in the region
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Politically sensitive and empathetic to partners and target groups
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
The position will be based in Berlin or Beirut for a period of up to 36 months.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 17 May 2018 through our online application system:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI