Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 15 May 2018
Position Title : Consultant – Capacity Building Expert
Duty Station : Niamey, Niger
Classification : Consultant, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Consultant, Six months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of MRRM program manager and the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission, the consultant will: (i) identify gaps and opportunities for building migration management operational capacities of national and decentralized authorities in Niger and (ii) establish a roadmap for the transition of MRRM functions to national and local counterparts in third year of implementation of the MRRM (Aug 2018- Aug 2019). The action will take place in Niger. This component is part of the MRRM project that aims to offer safe voluntary return to stranded migrants and to promote alternatives to irregular migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Responsible for ensuring that the capacity building programs and meet the needs of key governmental stakeholders taking into consideration programs and activities implemented by IOM and by other Technical and Financial Partners and in line with the IOM Migration Governance Framework (MiGOF), the Niger National Development Plans and the UN Development Assistance Framework and SDGs;
Work with the MRRM management team and national government representatives to develop a mapping and a baseline report of national and local operational capacities with regards to migration management.
Coordinate and facilitate focus groups meetings with relevant stakeholders to gather information and finalize MRRM guidelines and SOPs as relevant and produce a baseline assessment report of needs for Capacity Building.
Provide guidance on the implementation of MRRM components related to the transfer of functions to national and local stakeholders, including needed capacity to maintain and improve.
Finalize the MRRM guidelines and related SOPs, defying role, responsibilities and resources needed for the effective transfer of the MRRM mechanism before the end of 2019, with inputs from relevant IOM Units and governmental departments.
Coordinate specific capacity building goals working with relevant GoN bodies, identify trainees to participate in capacity building efforts, and outline future training needs.
Provide technical guidance to MRRM units in the transition process and provide trainings, if needed; Organize involvement of MRRM heads of Units in training participants in relevant aspects of the MRRM so that capacity building links with sustainable transition of the project functions to the government of Niger;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Public
• Must have experience developing, implementing and monitoring transition and capacity building plans in WCA.
• Experience working with government and other key stakeholders.
• Previous experience with IOM and thorough knowledge of the MGOF preferred.
• Fluency in French and English is required. Working knowledge of national language is an advantage.
Terms of Payment
Monthly payments within 2 weeks upon submission of approved timesheet and monthly mission
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 May 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.05.2018 to 15.05.2018
Requisition: CON 2018/22 – Consultant – Capacity Building Expert (55472528) Released
Posting: Posting NC55472550 (55472550) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT