Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Country: Saudi Arabia
Closing date: 21 May 2018
Post : Associate PSP Officer
Contract type: UNOPS
Level: LICA-9 (NOB)
Duty Station: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Duration for the contract: 1 June 2018 – 31 December 2018
The KSA Market is planned to be the fastest growing market in the MENA region when it comes to the number of donors, donations and the amount raised historically from the Digital Program. Moreover, UNHCR has a number of successful partnerships in KSA such as Alwaleed Philanthropies and AGFUND, also with corporates and HNWIs. These are just examples of the importance of strengthening PSP capacity within KSA in order to optimize potential strategic partnership and existing ones.
In support of the LG and IG Programme in KSA, Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) needs to hire an Associate PSP Officer who will support the implementation of the PSP Programme in Saudi Arabia Western Region (Jeddah and Mekkah ) based on the PSP Global Strategy. S/he will be responsible for new business development; maintaining and managing a prospect pipeline and account cultivation and management.
Under the functional supervision and in conjunction with the Senior PSP Officer (MENA), the Associate PSP Officer will support and manage all online activities as well as explore the possibility of a digital or Direct Television campaign in KSA. The Associate PSP Officer will play a key role in testing new fundraising strategies such as raising funds from Major Donors and High-Net Worth Individuals and Corporations.
S/he will be part of the PSP global team and is expected to work closely with all PSP network. Under the guidance of the supervisor, the Associate PSP Officer will also manage relations with partners, media, contractors and suppliers for PSP Programme. S/he will be asked to provide support and guidance as well as budget advice for Leadership Giving activities in KSA Western Region.
This vacancy notice is for the position of Associate Private Sector Partnerships Officer for the Regional office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to be based in Jeddah.
Description of Key Responsibilities:
* Research, approach and manage portfolio of corporations, foundations and High Net worth Individuals (HNWIs) in Saudi Arabia Western Region to increase the level of funding.
* Manage expenditure budget and reporting on KPIs in line with the PSP Global Strategy and procedures.
* Manage corporate, foundation and High Net Worth Individual accounts in KSA Western Region, ensuring proper donor stewardship.
* Increase the PSP income through the development and cultivation of leadership giving donors in KSA Western Region.
Under the overall supervision of the PSP National Officer based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, the Associate PSP Officer Jeddah will be responsible to:
* Manage and monitor of PSP expenditures/budget and income recording and reporting.
* Manage corporate and foundation screening of any new partners wanting to enter into a relationship with UNHCR.
* Develop, implement and report on PSP activities in KSA Western Region.
* Manage PSP resources in KSA in collaboration with all colleagues in KSA.
* Provide KSA perspective and inputs for the Regional Strategic Plan.
* Develop and maintain close relations with identified corporates, trusts and foundations in KSA Western Region.
* Manage accounts for major corporates and foundations in the KSA Western Region.
* Maintain and manage a full prospect pipeline, including commissioning or performing prospect research as necessary and moving prospects along the donor development cycle.
* Communicate accurate and timely information on UNHCR’s programs and activities, in conformity with the organisation’s financial needs and priorities, to prospective and current donors.
* Draft compelling proposals for submission to corporates, trusts, foundations and High Net Worth Individuals in KSA Western Region.
* Ensure timely and accurate reporting on implementation of funded projects, by obtaining and compiling information from relevant services within UNHCR (HQ PSP Thematic Unit, desks, and field offices).
* Organize and accompany donor missions to HQ or the field as required.
* In co-operation with the other members of KSA External Relations Section, develop and support activities within the framework of PSP projects with partners that will promote refugees and of UNHCR’s public awareness in KSA Western Region.
* Serve as liaison and focal point for all communication and issues concerning the corporate sector and foundations in the KSA Western Region and advise accordingly.
* Assist the global PSP team in the adaptation, testing and/or development of activities and tools that support private sector fund raising efforts in the KSA Western Region and other markets, including digital advertisements and direct response television.
* Represent UNHCR/PSP in the Western Region in meetings with prospective and current partners to promote an accurate understanding of UNHCR’s work and its financial and other needs.
* Develop initiatives with corporates to: obtain financial support for projects; develop stand-by emergency agreements for mobilizing support, both technical and financial; and encourage employee-giving and cause-related marketing as appropriate.
* Ensure that the proper reporting framework is in place to measure and monitor progress.
* Liaise with the PSP Officer (LG – KSA) on any fundraising opportunity that could be undertaken by the KSA office in its fundraising sub portfolios.
* Perform any other tasks as required.
* Develop the annual PSP budget and plan.
* Promote and develop innovation into projects.
* Empowering and Building Trust
* Managing Performance
* Judgement and Decision Making
* Managing Resources
Cross – Functional Competencies
* Analytical Thinking
* Innovation and Creativity
* Planning and Organizing
Minimum Essential Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
* University degree in Marketing, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political/Social Sciences or related field.
* Minimum 4 years of relevant experience at professional level, preferably in a similar position in the non-profit sector.
* Experience with Leadership Giving fundraising (major donors, corporates, foundations, high net worth individuals).
* Current market knowledge of PSP in KSA.
* Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment is also valuable for this position, which requires a certain level of maturity, sensitivity and leadership by example.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, with proven ability to draft written communication in both languages.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
* Experience working for an INGO in the humanitarian field.
* Knowledge of refugee issues and UNHCR programmes and activities, particularly at field level.
How to apply:
Applications should send a complete UN Personal History Form through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “**Associate PSP Officer-Jeddah**” referenced in the subject line.
• The electronic version of a UN Personal History Form (P.11) can be downloaded from the following link (http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc).
• Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT