Organization: Peace Corps
Closing date: 01 Jun 2018
Position status: Full time/local hire
Location: Dakar, Senegal with up to 25% travel within Senegal
Compensation: Gross salary + benefits: 23,226,959 CFA – 25,332,519CFA/annum.
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks highly qualified Agroforestry Management professionals to fill the position of Associate Peace Corps Director for Agroforestry. The position located in Peace Corps Dakar, Senegal is directly supervised by the Director of Programming and Training. The primary purpose of this position is to lead and implement the Peace Corps’ Agroforestry project in Senegal. The duties include: developing and implementing program activities, monitoring progress, and ensuring period evaluations are conducted; supervision of staff; training, guidance and oversite of approximately 60 Volunteers. This entails acting in an official capacity representing the US Peace Corps working with the Government of Senegal’s ministries and other partner organizations. The incumbent serves as a member of senior staff.
Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
a. Education: Master’s degree in a field related to Agroforestry or project design and management, or a bachelor’s degree with at least ten years of relevant work experience.
b. Prior Work Experience:
· Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience in relevant fields (Agroforestry, project design and management, Volunteer programming, etc.)
· Strong experience working closely with or supporting international students, volunteers, interns or others from a different culture, or significant experience working and living in another culture.
· Significant experience as a trainer and/or in the development of training programs.
· Experience in grassroots community development.
· Sound experience directly supervising professional staff.
c. Language Proficiency:
· Level 5 (translator) written and spoken English and French.
· Proficiency in one or more of Senegal’s national languages.
d. Skills and abilities
· Ability and/or experience working with local government officials at all levels.
· Experience with an American/International organization and/or culture. Must also have a good knowledge of or interest in American culture and issues of cross-cultural differences.
· In depth knowledge of rural Senegal.
· Good computer skills.
How to apply:
The full positions description and requirement are available upon request by sending an email to HRSenegal@peacecorps.gov.
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency in Senegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to HRSenegal@peacecorps.gov with “**APCD AGFO**” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Friday June 1, 2018.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV